Tuesday 15 April 2008

Third PB of the season for Colin

To go with Personal Best at 10 and 50 miles in the last few weeks Colin Parkinson beat his 100 mile TT time on Saturday, he recorded 4.00.26 just outside the four hours which would have given him a 25mph average. In the BDCA event based on three circuts of a course using the A50 near Uttoxeter He writes " I had to overcome difficult conditions making it tough going out against an East wind but fast the other way, I did my previous best in this event last year (4.09.08) on the hottest day of the year. The threatened rain held off but the blustery conditions made for tricky judgement of the ride and I struggled from 45 to 80 miles as the wind and distance took their toll. I began to feel better towards the end and I did the last 10 miles in under 20 minutes (+30mph) but the finish came too soon to make up for time lost earlier in the ride." The winner was Kevin Dawson the National Champion at the distance in 3.32.18

No comments: