Tuesday 15 April 2008

First RR of the Year - Royal Sutton CC


Based around Yoxall in Staffs the Royal Sutton CC Early Season Road Race on Sunday was my first race not in rain, snow or sleet so a good event apart from getting a spot of cramp with a quarter of the last of the seven lap (64 mile) race and I trailed in a minute down on the bunch. The race of mainly 2nd cat riders was quite animated and a group got away on the second lap, joined by another group the next lap and it was left with those who had missed what would be the winning move to organise a chase, a task we did very badly and never saw the front again. The speed and the wind made solo attacks hard work on the rolling course and although I got in a few promising moves I was happy with my event, a good workout for the legs.


The race was won by Mike Jones of the Paramount CRT from 'Local Supervet' Andy Eagers of the Derby Mercury breaking away from the lead group, and rising star Carl Dyson Cyclebargains.com RT winning the sprint.


I had ridden the CDCLA (don't ask) '10' the previous day on the local Six Hills course, blustery West winds (and yes rain) made the event hard work but I came away with 22.35 for 5th place, the event was won by James Perkins of Zenith CC in an amazing 21.18

No comments: