Tuesday 15 April 2008

Mallory Park #14 - Win!.................at last


Colin writes about long overdue win at Leicester's premier race for 3/4th cat riders!
After a near miss last week when another rider tagged along and managed to spoil my evening this week i made no mistakes and made my move with just over two laps to go and pulled out a gap of 400 meters more than enough to come in ahead of the pack in a mass dash for the line, but they were fighting for the runners up position as i'd bagged the top spot. Because most of my other racing consists of time trialing my legs are not good enough to get a good finish place in the sprint and the best I'd managed was a couple of 10th's, I had got a couple of 5th places from break-away groups and I had tried (as usual) to get away during the race but all my efforts came to nothing, I had a near miss taking out another riders rear gear with my front wheel (Dura Ace wheel 1 Carbon rear Mech 0)as the race built to a climax and i thought i would not get my chance as the pace was high and it was the final event in the series but there was a slight lull in the pace and i took my opportunity. This result gives me a top 10 place in the overall series, results are on the East Midlands BC website http://www.veloriders.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58234&sid=0022e2dbb458bc34d3af4102ab4cc5f0
This result gives me 42 points for the season and upgrades me to 2nd category

No comments: