Tuesday 15 April 2008

Rudy Project TT


As with most of the rest of the country, we were blessed with all the seasons in one afternoon here at Willoughby on the Wolds near the Leicester/Notts border. I was entered in the one lap (just under 15 mile) Veterans event although I would have preferred the two lapper but in the end I felt that I came off OK as the pain endured was just about worth the good result. The circular course was rolling more than hilly but a wickedly cold wind from the North brought driving rain that turned to sleet in the sub zero temperatures
I ended up in 4th place a mere 36 secs behind the winner Colin Griffiths of the Welland Valley from another local rider Ashley Long of the Coalville Wheelers and 3rd the series leader Dave Lund from Symbol Signs CC in the North East only beat me by 10 secs.

The Senior/Espoir 2 lapper was won by 'Veteran' roadman Wayne Randal (Planet X RT) with 1.5.33 a 1.05 beating of top Espoir Pete Williams (Pinarello RT) and Ashley Brown a further 20 secs down in third.

No comments: