Tuesday 15 April 2008

Easter Racing

First event of the year usually more effort than result so I went into the A5 Rangers Hilly '31' on Easter Saturday with more hope than expectation but I was more than pleased with my third place a mere 5 minutes behind the winner Clive Nicholls of the High Wycombe CC.
It was the worst conditions I have ever raced in 50mph winds blowing halestones horizontal to the road as riders ploughed up the A5 just north of Towcester. I could feel the stinging cold on my singly Lycra clad shoulders. Two laps of a 15.4 mile circuit, I kept it steady on the first lap and had a bit more of a go on the second lap as the weather improved but the wind was almost enough to bring you to a standstill.
On the Easter Monday I rode the Leicester RC Hilly '29' to a more standard 13th place 8 min behind Matt Botrill (De Rosa RT), I felt I could do better but two events in close succession on the first week of my season in tough conditions was hard on the legs.

No comments: