Tuesday 7 July 2009

Stop me if you think you've heard this one before

After a bit of a disaster last week, ECCA '100' cancelled because of fog, so an overnight stay in Bedford and getting up at 4.30am all went to waste as riders from all over the country were left frustrated in the Essex village of Fowlmere hall car park with nothing to do but the long drive home. The right decision as visibility was only 100 meters and no event is worth an accident, Ohh! but it was a perfect morning, cool and still (a little close perhaps) but riders have to keep their powder dry for another week and another chance to record a BBAR time, I already have a fair '100' time from the BDCA 2 weeks before and was ready to ride on a 100" fixed so a bit of an experiment as I have the National in 2 weeks and expecting a good ride there.
But my weekend extended to the Monday night as I had the a3crg... '25' on the next evening and I stayed with Alan and did a few laps of Richmond Park at 23mph to get rid of the tension built up earlier in the day.

This was my final 'OldSkool' event on my trusty 'Lloydy' bike but this did not go to plan and left me feeling not a little exasperated the organiser disqualified my ride for not being in the 'OldSkool' field laid out on his start sheet presently the result is in the lap of the gods (Sir Ian Cammish) but for the record I did a time of 55.51 well ahead of the next rider from the promoting club P Brennan 58.13 a time that would have been a PB this time last year. Unfortunately I passed up the opportunity of participating in one of the fastest '25' events of the year with the winner Steve Wakling (Velocity) recording a 30mph+ 49.24 to beat the course record.
I had a miserable 3 hour drive back to Leicester getting home at midnight with a slightly enlarged spleen, Strangeways here we come indeed

Pics Here (Pg. 1-6-7)
Result Here

No comments: