Friday 3 October 2008

'25' CLUB RECORD - 50.46


Thought you might enjoy this picture taken last Saturday in full flight at the start of my recent record breaking ride in the BDCA '25'. This is about a mile from the start on one of the uphill sections before getting onto the A50 so I'm on the inner ring! Notice I carried a spare tyre and a Co2 canister even though I'd taken my second bottle cage off so I can't have been that worried about the extras that I carry for the longer events. The bottle is only half full but I did take a drink at the turn and the rest went onto my legs. The frame is a standard road frame bought second hand off my old pal Steve Gowar (he rides for Sigma RT - Sorry Gary!) I used it for a season but found it a tad small and a bit rigid for the road, I have used it for every distance from '10' miles to 12 Hours.

No comments: